What is a Donor-Advised Fund?
A Donor-Advised Fund (DAF) is like a bank account for your charitable giving. It's one of the easiest ways to give and grow what you have to give.
Why give to Friends of the Hennepin County Library?
Friends of the Hennepin County Library is the fudnraising partner of Hennepin County Library with a mission to build awareness, appreciation, and financial support for our world-class library. Your donation will support youth development, community outreach, local library equity funding, and expanding our library's expansive collection.
How It Works
- You contribute funds to your DAF.
- You decide how they're invested.
- You recommend grant funds to the charities of your choice.
Contributions are tax-deductible, and your investment grows tax-free.
Three Ways to Give
- Make an outright gift by designating a grant to Friends of the Hennepin County Library.
- Designate Friends of the Hennepin County Library to receive all or part of your fund's value at termination.
- Designate a monthly grant, if your DAF allows.
If your financial institution isn't listed below, contact us for help.
Don't have a Donor Advised Fund?
Start one today to make charitable giving easier and enjoy immediate tax benefits.
Choose a financial institution, community foundation, or charity with a DAF program to establish your fund. Most funds require a minimum starting contribution from $5,000 to $25,000. You can make your initial contribution of cash or appreciated assets like stocks or mutual funds.