Friends of the Hennepin County Library is pleased to announce the 19th season of Pen Pals, the highly regarded and longest running literary series in the Twin Cities.
The 2015-16 Pen Pals season offers an eclectic range of literary personalities, recognized for challenging and enlightening their audiences.
• Judy Blume in conversation with Nancy Pearl: Sept. 24, 2015, 7:30 PM / Sept. 25, 2015, 11 AM
• Marlon James: Oct. 29, 2015, 7:30 PM / Oct. 30, 2015, 11 AM
• Jon Meacham: Mar. 10, 2016, 7:30 PM / Mar. 11, 2016, 11 AM
• Terry Tempest Williams: Apr. 21, 2016, 7:30 PM / Apr. 22, 2016, 11 AM (Earth Day!)
• Anthony Doerr: (SOLD OUT) May 5, 2016, 7:30 PM / May 6, 2016, 11 AM
Individual tickets are $40/$50 total (with no additional processing fees). Learn more about the authors and buy tickets to individual lectures.
Additional student and group discounts are available. Friends of HCL members receive an additional discount of $10 per subscription or $5 per ticket.
All Pen Pals programs are held at the Hopkins Center for the Arts – offering great sound and sight lines throughout the entire house. Located at 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins (just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis), Hopkins Center for the Arts offers free convenient parking as well as numerous nearby restaurants.
A pre-show reception is held before each lecture with complimentary desserts and coffee, music and book sales.
Proceeds from the program benefit Friends of the Hennepin County Library (Friends of HCL). Friends of HCL is an active community of supporters helping the Library fulfill its mission to nourish minds, transform lives, and build community.
Thanks to our numerous individual and corporate season sponsors including Standard Heating and Air Conditioning, BNSF Railways, and an anonymous gift in honor of Special Olympics of MN.