More than 5,000 people make use of Hennepin County Library resources every day. With the generous support of our corporate and foundation partners, the Friends of HCL provides support to our libraries for capital projects, collections purchases, literacy initiatives, and cultural programs that bring new patrons into our libraries and foster the free exchange of ideas. Your gift would enable us to fulfill our united priorities in the coming year including:
- Sponsor Homework Hub tutors and programs at 13 community libraries to provide after-school assistance to K-12 students.
- Raise funds for new books and other materials to ensure that when library doors are open the shelves are stocked with current materials that are responsive to the neighborhood the library serves.
- Provide multilingual outreach programs to immigrant communities encouraging economic self-sufficiency and civic participation through an adult literacy center based in the Franklin Community Library; Library Links, a multilingual outreach program to immigrant communities; Conversation Circles; and more.
- Keep children reading all summer long overcoming “summer reading loss,” with programs designed to keep children ages 10 and under reading all summer long and to keep them coming back to their libraries year-round.
- Host exciting cultural programs such as Talk of the Stacks at the Minneapolis Central Library; Childish Films series for children ages 3 and up and their families; and lecture series on globalization, living arts, architecture, history of the Minneapolis music scene, to name a few.
- Coordinate and operate the book stores, staffed by community volunteers; the proceeds from used books, materials, and merchandise benefit the library system.
We hope that you feel, as we do, that the work we’ve done together has set a high standard for an energized support organization to help ensure the delivery of the highest quality library services to all residents.
To learn how you can support the work of the Friends of HCL and the Hennepin County Library, or to learn about sponsoring one of our programs, please contact our Executive Director Brian Herstig at 612-543-8105 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you Foundation and Corporate Supporters
Donations received between January 1, 2011 and December 31, 2011
$20,000 – $49,999
The McKnight Foundation
Otto Bremer Foundation
The Private Client Reserve of U.S. Bank
$10,000 – $19,999
Target Community Relations
Xcel Energy Foundation
$5,000 – $9,999
The Baker Foundation
Brooklyn Center School District
Dorsey and Whitney, LLP
Eden Prairie Noon Rotary
Eunice L. Dwan Trust
McLaughlin Gormley King Co.
Carl and Eloise Pohlad FamilyFoundation
Archie D. and Bertha H. Walker Foundation
$2,500 – $4,999
Anime Twin Cities, Inc.
Curtis L. Carlson Family Foundation
$1,000 – $2,499
Fredrikson & Byron Foundation
Jewish Federation of Omaha
Emil and Mildred Larson Library Trust
Magers and Quinn Booksellers
Messerli & Kramer
The Nash Foundation
Elizabeth C. Quinlan Foundation
Sit Investments Associates, Inc.
AARP – Minnehaha Falls Chapter 1697
Accredited Investors, Inc.
American Association of University Women
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Association of Professional Piano Instructors
Better World Books
Boulevard Gardens Resident Association
Capital Group Companies, Inc.
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of MN
Christ English Lutheran Church
Cuningham Group Architecture, P.A.
Curves of Nokomis
Eastside Food Co-op
Girl Scouts of MN and WI River
Valleys, Troop 10059
Hot Flash the Movie, LLC
Indianhead Federated Library System
Kummet Larson Bluth & Company, P.A.
La Gran Colombia, Inc
Laughing Waters Studio
Leonard, Street and Deinard Foundation
Nilan Johnson Lewis, PA
Nokomis Yoga, LLC
Padilla Speer Beardsley
Prime Timers – MSP Chapter
RBC Wealth Management
The Red Balloon Bookshop
Rudolph W. and Gladys Miller Medical Research Foundation
Scherer Brothers Lumber Company
Seasonal Specialties LLC
The Spiller L’Chaim Fund
Charles B. Sweatt Foundation
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans Foundation
Travel One, Inc.
Windom Park Citizens in Action
Best Buy PAC
Dorsey & Whitney Foundation
Dougherty Financial Group LLC
General Mills Foundation
Quaker Hill Foundation
The Saint Paul Foundation
TCF Foundation Matching Gift Program
Thrivent Financial for Lutherans
U.S. Bancorp Foundation
Around Town Agency
Crash and Sue’s
Gabriel deGrood Bendt
Hennepin County Library
Lerner Publishing Group
Minnesota Public Radio
Mintàhoe Hospitality Group
Norton Stillman/Nodin Press
Renaissance, The Depot Hotel – Mpls
Weston Woods Studio
Whole Foods Market