More than 5,000 people make use of Hennepin County Library resources every day. With the generous support of our corporate and foundation partners, Friends of HCL provides support to our libraries for programs such as early learning Together Play and Learn Spots, Teen Tech Center, Homework Help and Super Kinder, collections purchases, literacy initiatives, and cultural programs that bring new patrons into our libraries and foster the free exchange of ideas. Your gift would enable us to fulfill our united priorities in the coming year including:
- Sponsor Homework Help program at 12 libraries to provide after-school assistance to K-12 students.
- Support the purchase of new books and other materials to ensure library shelves are stocked with current materials reflecting the interests and needs of the neighborhoods the library serves.
- Provide multilingual outreach programs to immigrant communities encouraging economic self-sufficiency and civic participation through an adult literacy center based in the Franklin Library; Library Links, a multilingual outreach program to immigrant communities; Conversation Circles; and more.
- Keep children reading all summer long overcoming “summer reading loss,” with programs designed to keep children ages 10 and under reading all summer long and to keep them coming back to their libraries year-round.
- Provide outreach to seniors and others at more than 100 locations allowing our residents who are unable to come to libraries to continue their love of reading and the library.
- Host exciting free cultural programs at Minneapolis Central Library such as Talk of the Stacks and Childish Films series for children ages 3 and up and their families;
- Present Pen Pals, the longest-running literary series in the Twin Cities. This ticketed event brings eclectic and engaging authors who collectively have won many of the world’s most coveted literary honors.
- Operate the Minneapolis Central Used Book Store, staffed by community volunteers; the proceeds from used books, materials, and merchandise benefit library programs and services.
We hope that you feel, as we do, that the work we’ve done together has set a high standard for an energized support organization to help ensure the delivery of the highest quality library services to all residents.
To learn how you can support the work of Friends of HCL and Hennepin County Library, either through a gift, grant, or sponsorship, please contact our Executive Director Brian Herstig at 612-543-8105 or email@example.com.