- Nourish Minds. By providing funding to purchase thousands of books, to support the annual summer reading program and to offer an array of teen programs.
- Transform Lives. By donating resources for the Homework Hub centers, early literacy services and innovative programs for New Americans.
- Build Community Together. By coordinating 41 grassroots Friends groups and hosting prominent author and cultural events, such as Pen Pals, Talk of the Stacks and Childish Films series.
Friendship has its advantages. Membership starts at just $25. Join today and receive:
- 10% discount at more than 15 area book stores;
- Discounts to the Pen Pals author lecture series;
- A subscription to our newsletter;
- Invitations to free member-only events and book sales
Donors at the $1,000 and above level receive membership in the Minerva Circle, which includes invitations to private events and receptions. Call 612-543-8106 to learn more about Minerva Circle benefits.
(Click on the “JOIN BY MAIL” to download a PDF of a mailable donation form. This document requires Adobe Acrobat Reader, click here to download this free software.)
Thank you for being a Friend.
Friends who give at or above the $60 annual Donor level are eligible to receive additional thank you gifts. By accepting a gift, you reduce the tax-deductibility of your donation. To accept a gift, check the appropriate box on the remittance form. Gifts include custom note pads at the $60 level, flash drives at the $120, and grommet totes at the $240 level. You can view the gifts on our merchandise page.
Join a Local Friends Group Option
With our new joint annual membership, when you become a Friend of HCL, you also can become a Friend of your favorite local library — at no additional charge. Your membership supports book purchases, free programs and outreach right in your neighborhood—and at all 41 libraries in Hennepin County. To join the Friends of HCL and a local Friends group at the same time, just click on the join buttons above and choose your favorite library on the form.
For more information
For more information about membership and making a donation, please contact Adam Breininger, Director of Donor Development, at 612.543.8106 or email@example.com.