Friends of the Hennepin County Library is pleased to announce the 18th season of Pen Pals, the highly regarded and longest running literary series in the Twin Cities.
The 2014-15 Pen Pals season offers an eclectic range of presenters from different genres who have collectively written, critiqued or created thousands of books.
• Joyce Carol Oates in conversation with literary critic Michael Dirda: Oct. 2, 2014, 7:30 PM (SOLD OUT)
• Doris Kearns Goodwin: Oct. 23, 2014, 7:30 PM (SOLD OUT) & Oct. 24, 2014, 11 AM
• Richard Blanco: Mar. 12, 2015, 7:30 PM & Mar. 13, 2015, 11 AM
• Jodi Picoult: Apr. 16, 2015, 7:30 PM & Apr. 17, 2015, 11 AM
• Chip Kidd: May 7, 2015, 7:30 PM & May 8, 2015, 11 AM
Individual tickets are $40/$50 and go on sale online on August 11. Subscribers of 3 or more events save 20%. Additional student and group discounts are available.
Friends of HCL members receive an additional discount of $10 per subscription or $5 per ticket.
All Pen Pals programs are held at the Hopkins Center for the Arts – offering great sound and sight lines throughout the entire house. Located at 1111 Mainstreet, Hopkins (just 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis), Hopkins Center for the Arts offers free convenient parking as well as numerous nearby restaurants.
A pre-show reception is held before each performance with complimentary desserts and coffee, music and book sales.
Proceeds from the program benefit Friends of the Hennepin County Library.