Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
Enjoy vintage cartoons set in dreamland and a pre-show storytelling by Hennepin Theatre Trust. Presented as part of Family Day on Hennepin: Adventures in Neverland.
- Alice’s Wonderland, Walt Disney, 1923 (7 min.)
- Alice’s Balloon Race, Walt Disney, 1926 (8 min.)
- Alice Solves the Puzzle. Walt Disney, 1925 (8 min.)
- Somewhere in Dreamland, Max Fleischer, 1935 (9 min.)
- Felix the Cat that Laid the Golden Egg, Van Beuren Studios, 1936 (7 min.)
Doors open at 10 am for seating, snacks, and hands-on activities. Live pre-show performances begin at 10:30 am.
Childish Films @ the Library is a free program of children’s cinema and arts for all ages. Each screening features a pre-show activity, an educational introduction, and complimentary healthy snacks. Admission is free with open seating to the public. Most films are best enjoyed by ages 3 and older, but children and people of all ages are welcome to attend. If you have specific questions about the content of a particular film, please e-mail our curators. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Call 612.543.8107 for more information.
Sponsors: Patricia Ploetz, Pamela Ploetz, Lerner Publishing, Whole Foods Market and Crash +Sues.